You are a special young man growing right before my eyes. I can’t believe you’ll be 7 in less than half a year, and that Grade 1 is under 4 weeks away. The past three months have been awesome. I’ve seen more of you in that time than I would have in twice the normal amount of time.
I love –
- How you constantly amaze me with the depth and breadth of your knowledge. Every day it seems like you’ve learned an entirely new subject, and want to share it with all of us.
- That you love to cook and make up your own recipes.
- The way you skip along when we’re just walking together, tossing one leg up and backwards. Your pure joy really shows.
- How you treat Jack, the littlest child at daycare, as if he were your own little brother.
- When you talk and act like a mature 6 year old
- That other parents compliment us on how well behaved and kind you are.
- Your fantastic memory that captures every fact.
- When you laugh as if it’s the only thing you know how to do: loud, long and with a big smile on your face.
- Your gorgeous blue eyes that somehow came from our gene pool of hazel and brown ones.
- Being able to play video games with you. Lego Indiana Jones will always be our game.
- When you gather together both friends and random kids to discuss your plan in a huddle, whispering the instructions like it was a top secret invasion plan.
- Your enthusiasm to try new things, throwing yourself at new situations with everything you’ve got.
- Your salesmanship, in everything from making deals to get dessert, to selling lemonade on the street.
- How you need to hear ‘Inchworm’ or ‘Froggy Went A Courtin’ from me before you can go to sleep.
- That you have empathy for plants and animals of all shapes and species, treating them all with respect and care.
- Your love of reading – it will serve you well throughout life.
- When you get scared watching a movie and want to cuddle up to me, just like you did when you were younger.
- Sharing a ‘big bath’ with you and your sister, and all the imaginative water games you two come up with during that time.
- Whenever you say “Good job, Daddy”.
- That we still say “I love you” every night.
With all my love,